Thursday 3 September 2009

Mini reviews - round 2


Blackest Night Superman #1 – Review

Because I wasn’t that crazy about the Batman tie-in to Blackest Night I wasn’t really in an urgency to read this issue, but I was pleasantly surprised, manly due to great art work by Eddy Barrows, he does a really good job here, and it makes me wish he was back on Action Comics full time. Robinson is a bit hit and miss with me, but I like the characters used here and the dialogue between them and it was quite an enjoyable read overall. Kal-L & Lois of Earth 2 are the Black Lanterns here, and we are left wondering whether Pa Kent will be next in line to be raised from the dead. It’s an obvious plot twist but one that still pulls on my heart strings a little and I look forward to see what does happen with Pa.

3 out of 5


X-Men Legacy #227 - Review

After a great tie-in to Utopia last issue, this one was a bit of a let down. It was more of the same, but something was just missing and I’m sot sure what. The Ms. Marvel fight takes up most of the issue which has some cool moments but there was no real progression story wise. The Utopia tie-in could have been one issue easy. The art was fine but again, I remember enjoying it more last issue.

2.5 out of 5

X-Men Forever #6 – Review

Total average filler issue. Grummett is off art for this one but this is still a fine looking book. Very boring story though, the danger room gets out of control and goes wild and nearly kills the X-Men but we have seen that story a thousand times. I don’t mind though. The first 5 issues were so much fun; I know that this was just filling in before we get back to the good stuff next issue.

2.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment