Thursday 13 August 2009

Ray Park as Iron Fist?

(Image from comicbycomic.com)


Ray Park has said at Chicago Comic on that he is very interested in bringing the Immortal Iron Fist to the big screen.

The martial artist and actor, whose roles have included Darth Maul in “Star Wars; The Phantom Menace”, Toad in “X-Men”, and more recently Snake Eyes in "G.I. Joe: the Rise of Cobra," expressed his excitement at possibly playing Danny Rand in an Iron Fist movie. He’s quoted saying "I actually want to be Danny Rand -- I want to be Iron Fist, I want to do it,"I want to have an excuse to take my top off and show off my abs," he joked. "

There were rumors of an Iron Fist film back in 2001, by Artisan Entertainment, and apparently Park was in talks as far back as then. Obviously no film was made but now the rights have returned back to Marvel could the kung fu corner of the Marvel U be heading to the big screen?
There are also rumors of a Heroes for Hire film instead, teaming Iron Fist with long term friend and fellow crime fighter Luke Cage, which could be a cool idea.

Now while I would love to see an Iron Fist big screen adaption from Marvel and have no doubt s that Ray Park could handle the physicality and the martial arts and kung fu skills that would be required for this role, my problem would be with Parks actual acting ability and whether its good enough to carry the films lead role. Looking at the past projects we’ve all seen him in, he carries the action well, but doesn’t exactly get a lot of lines does he? Is there a reason for that?

So what do you guys say? Do you want to see an Iron Fist movie with Park starring as the main man himself? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment