Thursday 16 July 2009

Geoff Johns interview @ CBR & My dream Geoff Johns project!

Comic Book Resources has a great interview posted today with one of my fav writers, Geoff Johns. He discusses all his current projects with DC (Flash Rebirth, Green Lantern) plus drops hints on some future projects including Adventure Comics, Superman: Secret Origins, All Star Batgirl, a Captain Marvel project and more! Check it here.

Now a quick question for you Geoff Johns fans, what would be your dream next project for him and with which artist? I know in the past ‘Aquaman Rebirth’ has been mentioned by fans and according to this interview he is working on All Star Batgirl and another secret project with artist Gary Frank after Superman: Secret Origins.

Now as Gary Frank is also one of my fav artists right now I would keep that pairing for my dream project and the character used would be……………Batman.

From what I can recall Geoff has not really worked much on the Batman books (please correct me if I’m wrong) and I know Batman is sort of Grant Morrison’s baby right now and is the creator with the main ideas that the other books seem to be following, but Id love to see Johns & Frank take on the Dark Knight when Morrison finally leaves or even take over from Winnick and Bagley on the main ‘Batman’ title as that last issue did not impress me at all.

So what would you guys like to see?

3 comments:

  1. I'd like to see Geoff tackle the Spectre in a new ongoing or miniseries. He wrote the character well in Day of Judgment and Green Lantern: Rebirth, so it would be pretty cool if he returned to the Spirit of Vengeance and made the entity a prominent player in the DCU once again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've got no problem with Geoff taking over the Batman books. That would be pretty sweet actually. I'd love for Geoff to take the Teen Titans over again, that series has suffered big time since Geoff left. Give him both the Teen Titans and the Titans for two or three years to get those books back into shape. I think the real question is, is it possible to clone Geoff so he can write every DC book?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good picks there fellas, seems we all agree that Johns is the man! Especially at DC.

    ReplyDelete